I ask the help of experienced farmers :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive
      Up
      Down

Hello everyone!
      The topic is of course hackneyed, but as always relevant 🙂
      I say right away, I read the forum, I learned a lot for myself. But your advice is still needed, dear inhabitants of the forum 🙂
      I live in Moscow myself, yes, I’m only 24 years old, but! I have a house in a village in the Tula region (my mother is from there) and I have a great desire to engage in agriculture. Well, I have such a dream since childhood, tk. I spent almost all my childhood there 🙂
      In this village there is a small farm and a local farmer who practically started this farm, not like before. And so an idea was born to me, which was supported by my friend – to go to the village and try to do agricultural work.
      For comparison, a farmer in the neighborhood, in 10 years before my eyes, a small farm has developed into a huge farm, with cows, fields, bees. All Jhon Deere equipment, but not about that.
      What is available to start:
      1) Two T-150, 3 Belarusians, 2 combines, barrels for spraying fertilizers, for water. Trailers, mounted.
      2) 30 hectares of land (it is much more, but so far there is no finance for more).
      3) There is little storage space for the winter.
      Well and, accordingly, two young fighters full of enthusiasm 🙂
      All this stuff is in the Tula region. So I would like to know what is the best way to sow these 30 hectares of land?
      That would not hit the finance hard, since the capital is not large. We will do everything together with a friend and not for the sake of a one-time profit, in plans to develop a normal economy, since there is where to turn around.
      I thought about stopping at grain, but I don’t know if it’s the right choice? It seems that it is not as expensive in terms of costs as with potatoes, although the profit from it is greater if it is left for storage until winter.
      Where to sell all this, there is also, since the local farmer is still operating, respectively, through him there will be exits to the buyers.
      I ask you to take this message seriously, as I will use your advice.
      If there are people who are engaged in agricultural farming in the Tula region, tell us what is better to do at the initial stage, and which varieties are more suitable for the Tula land! 😉
      P.S. I know how to drive the equipment myself, so I’m myself a driver 8)

Anonymous
      Inactive
        Up
        Down

Hello, to maximize profit I recommend carrying out a soil analysis, it is important to have information on the compounds in the soil so as to choose the most suitable crop. Wheat, sugar beet, potatoes, maize, barley, oats and rye could be a great idea, but having the result of the test the choise is going to be simpler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Let's save the future together

Our goal is to pass on experience of eco-responsible farming
      to new generations of agronomists to fight climate change together.

Copyright © 2022 I-Plant Nutrition. All rights reserved