Urea, Potash, Triple superphosphate help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive
      Up
      Down

I had the bright idea to buy all 3, thinking I could fertilize an assorted amount of plants their needed rates. I guess I should’ve researched more before I did. I’m finding Urea alone, is too strong for the purposes I intended. I have multiple types of plants indoors, in a sun-room. Fruits, houseplants ect. Is there a better combination of fertilizers to keep on hand to mix at different ratio’s for plant needs? Everything I see is for acreage, or square feet. I have container plants, and no clue where to start. I can’t even find a good source on how to dilute potash to a lower amount. Thanks!

Anonymous
      Inactive
        Up
        Down

Hi Jess,
        Not necessarily Urea is too strong but depends on the quantities applied. However, if you simply have a sort of garden greenhouse I wouldn’t use either of those fertilizers if your idea is to dissolve them in the water and then give it to the plants as a nutrient solution.
        I would suggest mixing those fertilizers directly in the peat or compost before planting your plants and then irrigate with normal water unless there are clear deficiencies.

If you want to fertigate your existing plants then use only soluble fertilizers suitable for fertigation and NOT granular ones.
        Examples are Calcium Nitrate, potassium nitrate, potassium sulphate, Mono-Potassium Phosphate (MKP) etc.
        Or also there are some nice compounds that have a mix of NPK ready available.
        Contact me directly if you need more info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Let's save the future together

Our goal is to pass on experience of eco-responsible farming
      to new generations of agronomists to fight climate change together.

Copyright © 2022 I-Plant Nutrition. All rights reserved